In a survey carried out by employers’ body IBEC it suggests that absenteeism is costing Irish businesses a shocking €1.5 billion per year with workers missing on average 6 days per annum.
‘Costs can be increased several times over by the repercussions of absence on other employees. Issues such as lowered morale, delays in work processes, idle machines etc. all incur costs to the company, even though some of these costs may be difficult to quantify. .. the implicit costs of absenteeism as affecting in domino fashion such intangibles as employee morale, discipline and job satisfaction which in turn, increases labour turnover and reduces worker productivity, thereby reducing product quality and making product scheduling more difficult.’ – IBEC Employee Absenteeism, 2011
Healthy employees are nearly 3 times more productive than unhealthy employees and that unhealthy employees take up to 9 times more sick leave than their healthy colleagues.
An analysis carried out by Aviva Health shows that 90% of Irish employers say that employee health and wellbeing have a direct effect on productivity. 80% of employees agree that they would be more loyal to an employer if they looked after their health.
Among the top 4 workplace health problems reported are Stress and anxiety (55%), Fatigue (52%), Back/ neck pain (32%), Colds (32%).
Our Corporate Services
Ciara Ryan Nutrition offers bespoke Health and Wellness Programmes tailored to suit each individual
company with a range of options available depending on the company size, needs and budget.
Our Services include:
- Educational Talks on Nutrition and Health
- Weekly/Monthly Wellness Programmes
- 1:1 Consultations with Employees (with optional food intolerance testing through blood analysis)
- Healthy Smoothie/Juicing Demonstration
- Return to Work Programmes
- Healthy Menu Development/Improving Staff Canteen Services
- Presentations or Articles for company newsletter, ezine or intranet site
We can assist your employees in adopting healthier diet and lifestyle habits and providing specialist nutritional advice is a powerful tool to create a dynamic and capable workforce.
We will educate and motivate your people on how to implement sustainable eating and lifestyle plans that will improve their overall health and to optimise their potential which ultimately improves your organisation’s productivity and success.
‘In the UK, there is an estimated return of £3.73 for every £1 invested in workplace health promotion initiatives’ – World Health Organisation, World Economic Forum, Working Towards Wellness, 2007
Benefit to Employees
- Boost energy levels
- Strengthen the immune system and build resistance to infections
- Better mood and sleep
- Enhance concentration and focus
- More tolerance to stress
- Improves motivation and morale
- Improve overall health and wellbeing which has a wide range of benefits
Benefit to Employers
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved productivity and performance
- Improved employee motivation and morale
- Reduces stress
- Increases loyalty of employees
- Illustrates to your staff that the company wants to invest in their long term health and wellness